Employee Views on "Life at Giroud"
What is life really like at Giroud? We asked our team members to share their thoughts on why they chose our Company and what they like best about it. After you check out the videos, be sure to take a look at the actual comments from more of our team members.
Team Member Videos: "Why Giroud?"
Comments from Giroud Team Members
Several Team Members share their thoughts on working at Giroud. The date after each name shows when each person joined the Giroud team.
- “When I graduated from Penn State in 1997, my focus was a job that I could grow with and a company I could have a career with. Almost 17 years later, I can say that I am 1 of the people who love their job and work for a family that truly does care not only about their employees but also their customers. I started as a Spray Tech and tree crew worker and have been an Arborist Sales Representative for 14 successful years. As Giroud grows, I plan on growing with them.” Rob Nagy (1998) Arborist Representative; BS Wildlife Science/Minor in Forestry, Pennsylvania State University; ISA Certified Arborist.
- “From the day I hired Giroud to remove a massive tree in my backyard, before I became an employee, I knew that this family owned business was a very honest and professional company. Now, as a Giroud employee, not only do I feel cared for by everyone as part of this family, but I am honored to work with such respectable individuals. I proudly walk in everyday wanting to work heartily and committed to the core values this company brings.” Nelsee Nunez (2012) Administrative Assistant
- “Owners truly care about employees and emphasize professionalism and safety. Customers and employees are treated with respect. There are opportunities for growth and input from employees is always welcomed. All departments are well structured. Tools and equipment are regularly updated.” Mike Taraborrelli (2006) Lawn Care Manager; BA English Education, LaSalle University; ISA Certified Arborist.
- “The Company treats its employees great. It is a fun environment to work and you receive a lot of support from the office staff to the guys working in the field.” Erik Rodgers (2010) Arborist Representative; BS Horticulture Clemson University; ISA Certified Arborist.
- “I love this company because they are dedicated to perfection. Working for Lou, I couldn’t ask for a better man to work for.” Rob Poley (1993) Arborist Representative; ISA Certified Arborist
- “I chose Giroud Tree and Lawn because I like working for industry leaders. This is a good company with a good work environment, good benefits and a good vision for the future.” Jack Sheeder (2014) PHC Technician
- “I knew just from the job posting that Giroud was a different kind of company. After 6 months of working here, I can validate that for a fact. It’s hard to find a company that genuinely cares about their employees. It is gratifying working for someone who makes you feel appreciated and allows you to be yourself. There is always someone willing to lend a hand whenever you need help. From the laid back working environment, where the President of the company, Lou sits and has lunch with you and cracks jokes to the comradery between co-workers to get the job done right, coming to work every day is not a struggle. It is a privilege. It is also great to know that not only does Giroud value its employees but they truly treasure their customers. Customer’s total satisfaction is a priority here at Giroud. For all these reasons and more, I am proud and honored to have been chosen to work at Giroud.” Monica Santos (2014) Administrative Assistant; BA Human Development and Family Studies Pennsylvania State University.
- “It’s a company where you’re a person and not just a number. A place that cares about their employees beyond the scope of the job.” Bernadette Nolen (1993) Vice President of Operations; AS Accounting, Philadelphia Community College.
- “The reason why I chose Giroud Tree and Lawn is that they gave me the best opportunity to grow and had the most to offer. They offer work all year round and has a great environment to work in. The relationship between all the workers is generally good and has been a great place of employment since the day I started. And of course, the bonuses definitely keep you motivated to hustle and work harder.” Todd Brown (2013) Lawn Technician
- “I chose Giroud because after helping out in a storm situation in 2008, I never wanted to leave! It is not often that you find a place to work where you’re not constantly looking for what is better. That is simply because at Giroud, I found the best. When a full-time position opened, I jumped at the chance. Now, as the Office Manager, I love coming to work every day to a pleasant, caring company. One that goes above and beyond for its employees and customers. Giroud supports you 100% and I’m proud to be a part of the team.” Nicole McGowan (2012) Bookkeeping Assistant; BBA Marketing, Temple University.
- “I have had a wonderful experience with Giroud. It was very pleasant from my interview day until now. I enjoy coming to work everyday and being greeted with a smile. I thank Giroud for this opportunity and will continue to do my best for this company.”Doug Muth (2005) Tree Care Manager/Crew Leader; BS Landscape Management, Pennsylvania State University; ISA Certified Arborist.
Opportunity, Benefits and Bonuses
- “I chose Giroud because of the good pay and benefits and because everyone here is friendly and nice to work with.” Kasey Mihalek (2014) Lawn Technician
- “Steady work with a steady rate of wages.” Bill Santry (1989) Crew Leader/Top Climber
- “I have been in the work force for many years. Also, I have had many good jobs in my time, (good pay) (nice bennys) (401k’s) (health ins) and that’s all good. As a seasoned vet, I think what makes this not just a good job or place to work but a great job is the people I work with and I work for everyday from the top down: Lou Giroud and his family, Bern, all of the office staff, sales and especially all of my co-workers. You could not find a better group of people to work with everyday and that means a great deal to me.” Tim Hubert (2011) PHC Technician
- “Giroud is a successful company with a stable work environment. Always up to date with the latest technology and advancements in the industry. They are willing to teach you if you are interested.” Mary Ellen Stedeford (1999) Bookkeeper
- “Company has good benefits and the people are nice to work with.” George Kistler (2011) Lawn Technician
- “I don’t know of another company that would take a shot on hiring a kid out of high school and educate and train him like this company did with me. I started as green as you possibly could be to now holding the title of Plant Health Care Manager. There’s always something to learn and Giroud is always willing to educate. Rodney Stahl, Jr. (2001) Plant Health Care Manager