There's a buzz in the air. And, that buzz is inevitably followed by a bite that can itch for days. Mosquitoes have invaded. Worse than being an itchy nuisance, mosquitoes also carry life threatening diseases like West Nile and Zika viruses.
Make Your Yard a “No Itch Zone" with Giroud Mosquito Control!
Don't let mosquitoes ruin your outdoor fun. Giroud's 100% Organic Mosquito Control Program targets mosquitoes where they live. Giroud's PA Certified Technicians know mosquitoes, their favorite hiding spots and how to keep them out of your yard. Our 100% Organic Mosquito Control program is made from essential oils which are a natural repellent.
Giroud makes your yard a "No Itch Zone" by:
- Risk Assessment:Your Giroud Arborist will do a comprehensive inspection of your property to identify mosquito hot spots and develop a customized Mosquito Control Program.
- Best Timing for Treatment: Mosquito populations skyrocket as the weather gets warmer. Giroud recommends treatments every 3 weeks especially during the warmest months from late Spring through early Fall. Additional treatments may be required for properties with unusually high mosquito populations.
- Comprehensive Mosquito Control: To be successful, mosquitoes must be controlled where they hide which is typically any dark, moist environment or dense vegetation. Our special 100% Organic formula gets the job done with essential oils including peppermint and cedar oils which are natural repellents. Every time Giroud visits your property for a treatment, your Giroud Technician will walk your entire property to identify and treat all of the mosquito hot spots. Giroud’s 100% Organic program uses a two step approach:
- Perimeter sprays: Mosquitoes do not use lawns as resting places. Instead, they look for sheltered areas that are out of direct sunlight. Your Giroud Technician will apply treatment along the edges of your property to create a mosquito barrier.
- Hot Spots: Mosquitoes must be controlled where they congregate. Of course the most important control points are in the outdoor spaces where you live, eat and play. Each application will cover these Hot Spots including: foliage, vegetation areas, mulch beds, buildings, porches, eaves, decks and patios.
- Remove or Empty Objects that Collect Water: Mosquitoes need water for two stages of their life cycle. Our inspection will identify areas where water collects that must be removed, emptied frequently or treated. Recommendations may include: removing water in rain gutters, old tires, buckets, plastic covers, or any other container; emptying and changing the water in bird baths, fountains, wading pools, rain barrels and potted plant trays at least once a week; draining temporary pools of water or fill with dirt.
- Prune or Remove Overgrown Vegetation: Mosquitoes are shade lovers. The Giroud Team can eliminate shady habitats in two ways. First, cleaning up and/or clearing overgrown areas. Second, pruning tree branches and shrubs around the lawn edge to let in more sunlight.
Having a Party? Don't let hungry mosquitoes attack your guests! From a backyard cookout to a family reunion, graduation or wedding, we can help! For best control, we recommend two treatments. The first is applied about two weeks before your event. The second is done about 2-3 days ahead.
Added Bonus!Giroud's 100% Organic treatments give you much more than mosquito protection. Our formula also protects your family and pets from dangerous Ticks and Nuisance Pests.
- Tick Control. Mosquitoes and ticks are attracted to many of the same dark, moist environments. Like mosquitoes, ticks are a dangerous pest and known for spreading many diseases including Lyme Disease and the Powassan Virus. You can get more facts about Lyme Disease and tick protection at Penn State's Lyme Disease website.
- Nuisance Pests: Our 100 % Organic treatment formula is made from essential oils, which are natural repellents for a variety of annoying pests like fleas, gnats, centipedes and ants.
It’s good to know that you can strike-out dangerous and annoying pests with this powerful 100% Organic treatment! Concerned about mosquitoes, ticks and nuisance pests? Contact Giroud Tree and Lawn! Your Giroud ISA Certified Arborist will be happy to do a free evaluation.