Prep Now for Snow Storm!
Heavy, Wet Snow… High Winds!
Winter Storm Stella is a dangerous combination that could spell disaster for trees.
We urge you to take the following actions today to keep safe during the storm:
- Park cars in an open area away from large trees.
- Once the trees become weighed down with snow:
– Avoid walking under large trees.
– Do not sleep in a bedroom where a large tree is overhanging the roof.
- Gently brush snow off prized, small trees to prevent breakage.
- Stay away from downed trees and limbs which may be tangled in live electrical wires.
Our Team is on stand-by and ready to help in extreme emergencies. We will be open as soon as it is safe to be on the roads.
- Get Your Trees Inspected for Safety!Heavy snow will put an extreme load on trees. Have your Giroud Arborist check for safety hazards like cracked limbs, split trunks, weakened root systems.
- Prevent Future Damage: When a storm strikes especially with high winds, almost all trees are vulnerable. For safety, remove or cable weak limbs and thin crowns to improve air flow.