Selecting and Caring for your Christmas Tree
ISA Certified Arborists at Giroud Tree and Lawn want to help you find the perfect Christmas tree and maintain it safely through the Holidays. Just follow our Holiday tips.
- Tree Selection: it’s important to buy a well hydrated tree. Test the branches to make sure they bend easily and the needles remain attached. Heavy shedding and snapping branches are signs of dehydration or dying trees.
- Tree Set-up: Cut a few inches off the bottom of the trunk and put the tree in a clean bucket of warm water to encourage uptake. Locate the stand as far away as possible from heat sources such as space heaters, fireplaces and hot air vents. Put the tree in the stand and fill it with cool or lukewarm water.
- Check the water level daily and keep the trunk base covered with water.
- Turn off the lights at night or when you are away for safety and to save electricity.
- When the tree starts to lose needles and dry out, please take it outside.
Giroud Tree and Lawn wishes a wonderful Holiday Season!