How to compare Lawn Service and Lawn Treatment Programs?
Comparing prices for lawn service and lawn treatment programs can be confusing. Quotes often vary widely by the services included in the lawn program, product quality, company qualifications and the dreaded hidden fees.
The following Lawn Service Guide covers the questions homoeowners should ask to accurately compare lawn treatment programs and determine exactly what you are getting for your money.
Lawn Service Q & A Comparison Guide
- Does the company give you a price over the phone or do a free on-site evaluation
Answer: No two lawns are alike. Giroud provides a free estimate to evaluate lawn health and overall condition, conduct a free pH test to determine acidity levels and determine the treatments and services required to get and keep your lawn healthy.
- What services are included in the price?
Answer: Many companies charge extra for services that are already included in Giroud’s program such as: 6 Visits for properly timed and customized treatments Potassium Supplement: Added to lawn treatments to build cell walls and increase drought, disease and stress resistance. Grub Control: Applied if needed. Crabgrass Controls Pre-emergent: Two applications should be done to extend control longer into the season. Many companies offer just one. Post-emergent: Should only be applied if needed.
- What is the quality rating of the products used? Answer: Giroud uses premium, professional grade products—the highest quality available.
- Does the company use slow release as well as quick release fertilizers?
Answer: Giroud includes premium slow-release fertilizers in our treatment program to provide sustained feeding and reduce thatch and disease susceptibility. Quotes from companies using quick-release alone or lower grade fertilizers may be cheaper but are less effective.
- Are treatments performed by PA Certified Technicians?
Answer: Giroud Technicians are PA Certified for Turf Applications.
- What is the Company’s experience in lawn treatments? Answer: Giroud technicians participate in on-going training to identify problems, take action and provide care tips such as how to mow and water between visits. Additionally, our application techniques adhere to best practice standards.
- Is the lawn treatment program environmentally friendly? Answer: Giroud offers a 100% Organic Program. Additionally, Giroud’s traditional lawn treatment program protects the environment with: Need Based Treatments: Pesticides and herbicides are applied only when necessary. Some companies do blanket treatments which save time, cost less but result in unnecessary use of chemicals. Toxicity: Giroud uses the least toxic materials required for effective results. Fertilizer dosage: Is customized and based on what lawn can fully absorb to minimize run-off issues. Phosphorous: A major source of algae problems in waterways, Phosphorous is not included in Giroud’s lawn fertilizer unless a soil test indicates a shortage or the lawn is newly seeded.
- Does the company offer free service calls if there is a problem between visits?
Answer: Giroud provides free service calls between visits?
- How do actual customers rate the company’s service?
Answer: Giroud has extensive references and a 98% satisfaction rating on post job surveys from over 19,000 customers since 1995. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, Giroud is also the only tree and lawn company to win the “Super Service Award every year since the Award began in our region in 2005!
- Does the Company offer a satisfaction guarantee?
Giroud guarantees your complete satisfaction.