Lawn Treatment Service
Lawn Problems? Act Now!
Weather, weed and insect problems are a natural part of lawn care. The most important thing is how a lawn company responds to problems. During the growing season, Giroud’s PA Licensed Lawn Technicians regularly monitor your lawn’s health and appearance. If problems are detected or weather concerns emerge, your Technician responds quickly with actions that can include targeted insect or weed controls, fertilizer adjustments or additional recommendations.Did your lawn treatment service company give you the lawn you wanted? Some years can be challenging for lawns. Depending on the season, your lawn could be suffering from too much shade, fungal diseases from too much rain, rampant weed growth or insect issues.
Order Your Lawn Treatment Service Now
Contact Giroud Tree & Lawn Today!
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE ESTIMATE NOW
To get your lawn back in shape, properly timed fertilizer treatments as well as weed, grub and crabgrass controls are key. Unlike some other Lawn Treatment Companies in PA, these treatments are part of Giroud’s Annual Lawn Treatment Program. Giroud offers Traditional or 100% Organic Lawn Treatment Programs to keep your lawn healthy, thick and green.
If your lawn is severely damaged, it may require reseeding or more extensive renovation. The best time to do most renovations is Fall when the temperatures are cooler and seed has time to germinate and take root.
Contact Us today to order our Lawn Care Service and ask about our renovation services.
Get Your Lawn Ready for Spring!
It’s Spring and your lawn is coming out of winter dormancy. Unfortunately, the seeds of last year’s problems are also just waiting to emerge. Here’s what Giroud Lawn Care recommends and the services we can provide for you:
- Post Winter Evaluation: Have Giroud check thatch levels, winter damage and dead spots.
- Early Spring Treatments: Apply fertilizer, pre-emergent crabgrass control and weed control. These treatments are included in Giroud’s Annual Lawn Care Program.
- Seed Shady Areas: Optimize light before trees are in full leaf.
Get the help your lawn needs! Contact Us today to order Giroud’s Annual Lawn Treatment Program. We offer both traditional and 100% Organic Lawn Treatment. Don’t forget to ask about our additional lawn services such as seeding, aeration and repairs.
Give your Lawn a Summer Break!
Unlike us, your lawn can’t take a vacation from summer heat, weeds and pests. Right now lawns are most likely in a fight against nutsedge, chinch bugs and heat.
Chinch bugs are another scourge for summer lawns. These insects thrive in heat and can cause serious lawn damage. Giroud lawns are also now receiving chinch bug controls which will also suppress fleas and ticks.Nutsedge is difficult to control because new plants emerge throughout the summer. Giroud offers an optional treatment to suppress this prolific weedy sedge. Treatments are done when weather permits since herbicides cannot be applied when lawns are drought stressed
Lawns without irrigation systems are turning brown and going into their natural cycle of dormancy. If you want to keep your lawn greener, here’s what you can do:
- Fertilize: Giroud Lawn Care customers are getting a specially formulated summer fertilizer to increase stress tolerance.
- Cut back on mowing. Raise mower height to 3″. Mowing shorter encourages lawn thinning, and nutsedge, crabgrass, weed, disease, and insect infestation.
- Watering deeply (30-40 mins.) once a week is sufficient, conserves water, and encourages deep root growth. Avoid frequent shallow watering. Natural dormancy is the lawn’s means of conserving moisture.
Fall Must Do’s for Lawn Care!
Take steps now to get a great lawn next Spring. Fall is the best time to feed your lawn, control broad-leaf weeds and repair or renovate troubled lawns.
- Fall Fertilizer: Giroud Lawn customers are getting Fall Fertilizer treatments now. Shorter days prompt grass to use food for root development rather than top-growth. That’s why our specially blended Fall Fertilizer treatments target root development and help create a thicker lawn next spring.
- Broad-leaf Weed Control: Now is the time to apply herbicides for broad-leaf weed control. As perennial weeds go into dormancy and draw food reserves into their roots, they also absorb herbicides more efficiently for a complete kill.
- Repair or Renovate: If your lawn has browning, bare spots or heavy weed growth, aeration, reseeding or even a new lawn installation may be needed to bring the lawn back to health.
- Apply Lime :If a pH test shows that your soil is too acidic, Lime should be added. Balanced pH is critical for a healthy lawn. Your pH test is included free of charge when you purchase our Annual Lawn Treatment Service program.
- Order Giroud’s Annual Lawn Treatment program now and you can still get our final fertilization treatment for the season. Our November treatment will help your lawn get off to a healthier start next Spring.