Plant Health Care Technician Job in Philadelphia PA
Ready for a Plant Health Care Technician job where you are appreciated, highly paid and get outstanding benefits? Forget the big nationals where you are just a number. Apply Now! and join the Giroud Team!
Based in Huntingdon Valley just outside of Philadelphia PA, Giroud is a locally owned company. We are large enough to have all of the resources, research and opportunity for PHC Technicians that the nationals offer. Yet, small enough to be like family where you are an important player and get to share in the rewards of our company’s success.
There’s no bureaucracy at Giroud! Whether you’re talking with your fellow PHC Applicators or to the Company President, communication is easy.
Plus, your earning potential is excellent. On top of a base wage of $18-$22 per hour, our Plant Health Care Technicians earned an additional $8.15 per hour in bonuses last year.
To be considered for a PHC Technician or Spray Applicator job, you will need to have the following qualifications:
- 2 Years Experience
- PA Pesticide Applicators license preferably with Category 6. Licenses in other Categories are welcome as long as you are willing to take and pass the Category 6 (tree industry) test.
- Passionate about your work, a team player and great ability to communicate with customers.
- Driver’s License required. CDL a plus.
- Must be able to identify and recognize local trees and shrubs. Knowledge of Pathology, Entomology and Physiology are necessary for proper treatment.
- Must understand safe handling, mixing and application of chemicals
- Communicate with customers on job progress and answer any questions or concerns they may have.
- Drug free
Giroud knows how hard you work and the knowledge and experience required to be a PHC Technician. Here’s what you get in return:
- Opportunity: We have an extensive in-house training program and promote from within.
- Stability: Year-round work with a company that’s been in business since 1974 and steadily growing. Plus, working with a company that is committed to a culture of safety and maintaining a drug free workplace.
- Rewards: Satisfaction of working with a highly respected company that in turn respects each and every member of our team. Highest wages in the industry. Plus, the opportunity to earn even more through our bonus programs. Last year, our PHC Technicians earned an additional $8.15 per hour in bonuses. We provide full medical, dental and prescription benefits for you and your family (Company pays 70% of total premium). We also offer life insurance and short and long term disability insurance at no cost to you. You also receive a 401K after 1 year of employment (company paid-no employee match required) 2 weeks Earned Paid Time Off within 1st year of employment and 7 paid Holidays.
Want to learn more? Apply Now! We look forward to hearing from you!