Tick Control is a must to protect people and pets from these dangerous, blood sucking pests. Burrowing under the skin, Ticks can cause serious harm. Far worse than the bad rash and the pain of removing the tick, these nasty pests spread Lyme Disease, the deadly Powassan Virus and other serious illnesses.
What Are the Best Ways to Control Ticks in Your Yard?
Giroud’s Tick Control program targets ticks where they live. Deer Ticks like the shade and seek protection from the sun in ground level vegetation. Favorite hiding spots include high grasses, underbrush, shrubs and wooded areas. Here’s what we do to control this dangerous pest:
Tick Risk Evaluation: Your Giroud Arborist will complete a risk assessment of your property to identify tick danger zones and develop a customized tick control program.
- Tick Control Treatment Options: Giroud’s specially licensed applicators will treat around the perimeter of your property and other high-risk areas. Giroud offers two treatment options:
- 100% Organic: Our special 100% Organic formula gets the job done with essential oils including peppermint and cedar oils which are natural repellents. Treatments are safe for children, pets and pollinators like bees and butterflies.
- Traditional: A highly effective program, our insecticide treatments have staying power to control adult ticks and nymphs. Once dried, treated areas are safe for people and pets.
- Perimeter Clean-up: Ticks are shade lovers and can’t survive in the sun. The Giroud Team can eliminate shady tick habitats in two ways. First, cleaning up and/or clearing overgrown areas. Second, pruning tree branches and shrubs around the lawn edge to let in more sunlight.
- Deer Repellent: Deer are the primary carrier of ticks to your property. Our Deer Repellent service is safe, water-resistant and will deter deer from feeding on your valuable plants!
- Plant Selection: We will identify plants that are attracting deer to your yard and suggest alternative plants.