Winter Tree Care
Winter is hard on trees! Snow, ice and high winds can lead to serious damage including trunks splitting apart, limbs breaking and total tree failure. Structural defects significantly increase the risk of tree and property damage.
Contact us to have your trees inspected by one of Giroud’s ISA Certified Arborists. Your Giroud Arborist will thoroughly examine your trees and determine if any action is required. We provide tree removal, tree cutting and tree cabling to protect your property and existing trees.
Winter Tree Care
Contact Giroud Tree & Lawn Today!
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE ESTIMATE NOW
Here are the top 5 steps you should take now to protect the safety and health of your trees through the winter months.
- Install Tree Cables: Cables create a safety net for your trees. Homeowners should have their trees by a Giroud Arborist, who specializes in cable installations to determine the best way to avoid damage.
- Prune problem areas: Tree Pruning trims dangerous limbs away from your house, walks, pools and driveways. Thinning crowns reduces weight and wind resistance and removes deadwood that is likely to break in a storm.
- Remove dead trees and ugly stumps: Winter is a great time for Tree Removals. The ground is hard, so the impact on lawns and plantings is minimized. It’s especially important to remove dead or hazardous trees, which are most vulnerable to damage from winter winds and storms.
- Protect your evergreens from harsh winter winds: Winter burn can hurt or kill your broadleaf and needle evergreens. It’s not too late to shield your plants with winter protectant.
- Keep deer away from your plants: Use deer repellent to keep the animals from damaging your plants and spreading deer ticks.