Organic Lawn Treatment Program
Giroud Tree and Lawn Care Services is your organic lawn specialist! Our 100% Organic Lawn Treatment Program is absolutely chemical-free. Unlike other "organic based" programs that blend synthetic ingredients with organics, Giroud's program uses all natural lawn fertilizers to build healthy, natural soil, and lawns.
For a 100% Organic Lawn Treatment Program... Get a free estimate today!
Call Giroud Tree and Lawn!
Since all successful organic lawns start from the soil up, Giroud includes a Comprehensive Soil Analysis with our 100% Organic Lawn Treatment Program to ensure the best possible, chemical-free lawn. No herbicides, fungicides, or synthetic pesticides are utilized in our 100% Organic Lawn Treatment Program.
Your 100% Organic Lawn Care Program Includes:
- Initial evaluation of your lawn and its needs by your Giroud Representative.
- Regular visits by a PA Certified Applicator to regularly monitor lawn health; test pH levels; and, customize treatments and timing based on your lawn’s unique needs.
- Written report after each visit.
- Annual pH test to monitor your soil’s acidity and alkalinity balance.
- Comprehensive Soil Analysis (CSA): A biannual lab soil test to identify soil problems and actions required. Based on the lab results, we customize your treatments to address your lawn’s needs.
- Organic Soil Conditioners: Materials such as compost, minerals and humates are added as needed to enhance the soil.
- Unlimited free service calls between scheduled visits to address any problems or concerns.
Optional 100% Organic Lawn Services:
Optional lawn repair and restoration measures may be recommended in addition to your 100% Organic Annual Lawn Program to keep your lawn in the best condition that organic treatments can provide. These services include:
- Crabgrass Suppression: Treat crabgrass before it emerges with Giroud’s corn gluten.
- Organic Grub Control: Apply Beneficial Nematodes or Milky Spore Bacteria
- Weed Control: Special application of organic weed and grass control in garden beds.
- Tick Control: Giroud uses a combination of 100% organic insecticide plus perimeter clean up of overgrown areas and pruning to let in more sunlight on shady tick habitats. Please note: The effectiveness of the above organic controls is more limited than chemical-based treatments.
- Core Aeration: Aeration helps relieve soil compaction, allowing more air, water and nutrients to reach the root zone. It also promotes thatch decomposition and stimulates root development for a healthier, thicker lawn.
- Organic Top Dressing: To improve soil structure and quality, organic material should be applied to your lawn. This service is best done in conjunction with Core Aeration.
- Seeding: As part of organic lawn management, we can introduce new, more disease and insect resistant varieties of grass into your lawn.
- Lime: When lawn acidity is too high, lime may be recommended at rates specified in the CSA.
- De-Thatching: If we determine that you have a thatch problem, we will recommend removing excess thatch with a special machine to allow more air, water and nutrients to reach the root zone.
- Rototilling: Healthy plants start with healthy soil! Rototilling relieves compaction, improves moisture holding capacity, prepares gardens for planting and creates new seed beds for lawn renovations.
- Lawn Renovation: For new construction or lawns in extremely poor condition, a more intensive approach is required. Our free initial lawn evaluation and ongoing monitoring will determine the combination of our optional services to build a healthy lawn.